Welcome to the YUPRO Members Career Training page. Here Year Up Alumni will find resources, tools, and tips geared towards positive career progression.
Our three tiers of training include:
Career Exploration & Preparation – Also offered is free YUPRO Job Search Coaching over 3 or 6 private sessions with a virtual coach equipping you with job search skills for life. For more information, please visit this page and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Offered to alumni 4 months out from graduation and beyond.
On the Job Professional Tips
Progressing to your Next Step
Career Exploration & Preparation
Resources for alumni exploring and job searching, sharpening skills such as:
- Knowing Yourself and Mapping out your Development
- Interested in improving your resume? Check out our Skills Based Resume Guide and Companion Video!
- Leveraging Connections as You Job Search and Interview
- Interviewing Tips
- Here is a Pairin Assessment to help you learn about your workplace strengths and areas to develop.
- Here are two videos around taking the survey and then understanding your results
- I Don’t Know What Career I Want guides you through self-exploration to find the ever-elusive dream career
- 31 Best LinkedIn Tips shares tips how to make your LinkedIn profile dynamite!
- Why Your LinkedIn Profile Is More Important Than Your Realize
- Why Networking is So Important for your Job Search. 85% of jobs are found through PEOPLE.
- 5 Reasons Why Informational Interviews Are So Important
- Ten tips for how to make a good first impression at a job interview
- How to Turn an Interview Around if you feel an interview isn’t going well
- Benefits of the Thank You Note Post-Interview
On the Job Professional Tips
Once you’ve landed your job, the true learning begins. Here are some resources to keep your ‘on the job’ performance at its highest:
- Your Professional Brand and How to Establish It
- Establishing Norms and Expectations with Your Boss and Colleagues
- Navigating the Interpersonal Relationships Within the Workplace
- Building a More Inclusive Diverse Workspace
- 5 Steps to Building Your Personal (Professional) Brand
- How To Succeed With Your New Boss
- 19 Tips to be the Best Employee Ever
- 5 Ways to Make Your Boss Look Good and Get Ahead in the Process
- How to Have Great One on Ones with Your Manager
- 7 Ways to Impact Company Culture
- Diversity and the Workplace
- How Women in Tech Gain Visibility to Get Ahead
- Why Making Personal Connections is Critical to Your Career
- What to do if you Have a Difficult Boss
- 10 Best Practices for Email Etiquette within the Workplace
Progressing Towards Your Next Step
Resources for alumni who are focused on career planning, promotions, management, and transitioning careers skills such as:
- Pursuing Growth in your Career: Promotions, Raises, Greater Responsibility
- Moving from a Contributor to a Manager
- Best Practices for a Relocation and Changing Jobs
- How to Resign your Position with a Professional Departure
- 10 Strategies for Getting Yourself Promoted
- 16 Mistakes Employees Make When Trying to Get Promoted
- How To Ask for a Raise and Get It!
- How to Go From Employee to Manager
- 7 To-Dos as a First Time Manager
- 8 Steps to an Utterly Successful Career Change
- How to Job Hunt and Relocate at the Same Time
- How to Leave a Job on the Best Terms Possible