YUPRO TOPIC OVERVIEW FOR TRAINING DATABASE
Welcome to the YUPRO members only career training page. The purpose of this database is to provide the Alumni of Year Up with resources and tips geared towards positive career progression.
Our three tiers of training include: REACH, TOUCHPOINT, and ASCENT
Our training program for alums who are in a job search and sharpening skills such as:
M hereManaging first impressions
T hereThree types of interviews
I hereInterview Follow-up Etiquette
- Reach Article #1 gives a list of ten tips for how to make a good first impression at a job interview.
- Reach Article #2 focuses on follow-up etiquette after an interview, but more specifically what to do after a not-so-perfect interview.
Our training program for alums who have just begun a job and are honing in on skills to succeed such as:
- Your Personal Brand and how to establish it
- Adding Value in Meetings
- Friendships in the Work Place
- Setting Goals with Your Supervisor
- Touch Point Article #1 was published by Harvard Business School and details how one would go about properly and professionally setting goals with a new boss.
- Touch Point Article #2 focuses on orienting to your new position, as well as making a great impression on your boss/colleagues.
- How to Ask for a Raise
- Pursuing a promotion
- Moving from a contributor to a Manager
- The Value of Professional Networking
- Best Practices for a Relocation
- How to Resign your Position with a Professional Departure
- Ascent Article #1 addresses several career advancement topics related to getting yourself promoted.
- Ascent Article #2 covers how to professionally approach an employer about a promotion.
- Ascent Article #3 discusses how one would go about asking for a raise in the best and most effective way possible.
To view all current job openings at YUPRO, visit our career page.